With so much music to choose from where should bridal parties start? No need to worry about finalising a complete set list, that is what the Impromptu String Quartet is for! If you have a couple of tracks that are really important to you, that is a great place for us to start. We will talk to you about the specific details of your day: the venue; the flower theme; the invitations and perhaps make some other details and make suggestions based on this information.
Here are some more top tips from TNWS exhibitors The Impromptu String Quarter on finding the perfect music:
- Think about the atmosphere you are trying to create. This might be different for the ceremony and the reception.
- Look at Pinterest for song suggestions for different music segments of the day.
- Take some time to look at the repertoire list that a string quartet has.
- Check out websites like Vimeo/You Tube to listen to tracks. Sometimes you’ll come across a string quartet version but don’t worry too much if they are not easy to find!
- Some magazines also have track list suggestions and release CDs with with music for you to listen to.
- Come and talk to us – even if you have just one or two ideas in mind, we can work with that and make other sympathetic suggestions that will tie in with your theme.
- If there is something you would like to have played at your wedding, we can do a unique arrangement just for you.
The Impromptu String Quartet is thrilled to be back again at the National Wedding Show, London. A highly experienced group comprising two married couples, the quartet has had great pleasure over the last fifteen years playing for hundreds of wedding ceremonies and receptions.
As founding member, John Dickinson comments, ‘we pride ourselves on bringing live music from our extensive repertoire list to reflect the atmosphere of the plans of the bridal party. You can be involved as much as you want or simply leave it safely in our hands. We’ll ensure you get whatever you want whether that is an elegant or an upbeat, contemporary musical back drop to your special day’.
String quartets are such a versatile group, you might be surprised at what is possible, and the energy live string playing can bring.
You can catch them this weekend at The National Wedding Show London on stand E62