Vintage weddings never go out of fashion! Whether you love Art Deco luxury, or a homespun 1940′s look, vintage theme always looks chic. See top tips on how to bring some nostalgia into your big day from TNWS exhibitors from Revival Live !
Incorporating music from yesteryear into your special day can help shape a theme or sentiment you’d like to convey. Whilst looking ahead to the future, weddings are also a time for reflection and listening to meaningful songs is the best way to spark fond memories between you or your guests.
Weddings offer brides and grooms the opportunity to demonstrate their personality and style, and over recent years going vintage has become a popular trend. Though many may find nostalgic music appealing, offering a selection of modern songs also will ensure all guests are entertained.
Walk up the aisle to piano melodies, greet guests to the wedding breakfast with saxophone sounds or get people on the dancefloor with a full live band; music can form part or all of the occasion. While the entertainers will leave at the end of the day, the memories you can keep for a lifetime.
A day of romance and heartfelt declarations, no wedding would be complete without a tender ballad that captures the feelings you have for your loved one. Old or new, there is a song that will hold special meaning to any couple as they take their first dance as man and wife.
No need or the silver sixpence in her shoe, but…
- Decide on your theme – choosing a theme early will make it easier to plan out the day. If you’re unsure, experienced entertainment specialists can provide suggestions.
- Book an accommodating venue – if you are certain about wanting entertainment, make sure your wedding venue allows space for the performers and their equipment.
- Get your timings right – once you know the times of the ceremony and afternoon breakfast you can get a clearer idea of when you’d like music to be played.
- Choose professional artistes – self-contained performers will provide their own PA, microphones and speakers which should all be included within the quote you are given.
- Any requests? Ask the artistes for a set list in advance to ensure you’re happy with the music choices and get your requests in early if you have a special song or two you’d like to hear.