When we start to plan our dream wedding or event our imagination runs wild with the idea of wonderful food, wine, flowers, the perfect setting, beautiful dress and so on, and whilst there are so many things to orchestrate and pull together to create an idyllic day, the furniture and accessories will form a vital piece of the overall look and feel of your day.
At Virginia’s Vintage Hire we supply high quality rustic and antique furniture. Whatever your imagination can visualise whether it be vintage or woodland inspired, modern rustic, or perhaps chic urban or industrial then after choosing your appropriate setting or venue, the tables and chairs will be an important style decision you will have to make.
Choosing your furniture
1. You should select furniture that is of high quality and elegant design. Quality, classic furniture adds style, giving richness and glamour to your day.
2. Do you have a theme or feel you are trying to create? Gather ideas from Pinterest on what you like and search for a supplier that has a good reputation and portfolio of ideas, a great collection of stock and can seat quantities of guests.
3. A forest woodland, open marquee or a beach ceremony can be idyllic and is certainly not impossible! Discuss with your supplier their terms on using furniture outdoors, and be prepared for a rainy day solution, a quick, easy rain proof cover that can be pulled over may be all that is needed. For a forest, field, or coastal location you will also need to consider accessibility for all suppliers particularly those bringing in larger items like furniture
4. For dining, think about your guest numbers and ideal table style. This will often depend on the venue and shape of the room. Rectangular trestle tables offer the most options with creating a layout from, individual tables, u-shapes or larger face to face settings. Do you want your guests all seated together in rows or are you wanting to split guests into smaller groups? Is your preference for round tables or a long banquet style table.
5. If you want to achieve a rustic timeless look, then opt for raw natural finishes which look great both dressed up or down. Go simple, or all out for the luxury look, pre-loved weathered wooden tables look amazing either way and will save you the cost of table cloths too! Wooden chairs, rustic bars in wood, leather sofas all add understated luxury and glamour. For an industrial look keep in dressed down add in coppers and zinc to the mix when choosing smaller decor and accessories.
6. It’s surprising how many chair styles there are to choose from. Simple, classic styles like our Paris Cross Back or Bentwood are timeless and will add elegance. A folding wooden chair can be dressed up with ribbons or vines, and offer the ideal solution if you need to think about storage space at your venue before or after your event.
7. To add comfort, a lounge area is an essential area for your guests to be able to sit and relax in style. You should therefore try and include an area with a mixture of sofas and chairs, coffee tables, a bar, bar stools and poseur tables. Indulge by adding cushions, throws, rugs to give charm and ambiance to the area.
8. Bring in a little twist of character by selecting a couple of unique furniture pieces to accessorise or act as display pieces like oak barrels, shutters or maybe a cart.
Meet the Virginia’s Vintage Hire team at our ExCeL show on 21-22 October at stand M63. Plus, see some of their beautiful furniture on show in the Inspiration Lab, Hitched Wedding Planning Platform and Secret Garden VIP lounge at our ExCeL and Birmingham shows.