The right wedding show can be a great environment for inspiring your wedding and finding your team of amazing wedding suppliers who will transform your big day, however, turn up without being in the right frame of mind or going to a wedding show that doesn’t suit your style can send you running to the hills to hide under a pile of wedding magazines and a box of Hotel Chocolat!
With wedding show season creeping up on us and us finalising our plans and prepping for National Wedding Show at Kensington Olympia on the 16-18th February, I thought I would share my top five tips on getting the most out of your wedding show experience……
Our top 5 wedding show tips
1. First and foremost, comfortable shoes are a must, especially if you’re attending a large wedding show as you’ll do a lot of walking around exhibits and stands. I’m not saying come in your slippers (although I’m certainly not going to judge if you do) but wear whatever won’t give you blisters after a full day of wearing (this actually also goes for your wedding shoes!) If that’s your favourite pair of Jimmy Choos then that’s great and I would love to see them!
2. Along the same lines of comfort, empty your handbag of unnecessary weight, bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated and a little tote bag for all the leaflets and brochures you’ll collect on your way round. And if you’re planning on trying on wedding dresses whilst you’re there, have a think of what underwear you’ll wear too!
3. Have a look at the vendor list prior to the wedding show and have a think of who you would like to visit, even better if there is a floor plan available for you to see where they will all be. If you’re not sure of exactly who you want to see, then have a think of what part of your wedding planning you want to tick off next. Have you yet to find your dress, need to sort your cake or you haven’t booked your photographer? Then go with that focus in mind.
4. Linked with the above, have an idea of your style of wedding, are you going for a light and airy modern feel, something vintage and rustic or are you going for a twist on a classic? Keeping your style in mind will help not only find supplier but will help you discount some too. Think about the time of year your wedding will be, you venue and your personalities and tastes. You want your wedding to represent you as a couple so you need suppliers that are aligned with you and your vision.
5. Last but by no means least, think about who you want to go to the wedding show with. Whether you go with your entire bridal party or it’s just you and your hubby to be, think about what you want to achieve that day and the support your fellow wedding show goers can bring to that, as well as how much enjoyment they will get out of the day too! But whoever you go with, if there is a bar at the wedding show then start the day with a little glass of champagne and enjoy the day in style, after all everything is fun with bubbles!
If you happen to be going to the National Wedding Show next week, swing by stand F30 as we’d love to see you and hear about your wedding plans. Plus we a fabulous show only offer for you, which could save you £450 on your wedding photography!